The following guidelines have been established to clarify expectations regarding pastoral care and guidance of those who come seeking the Church’s blessing upon their marriage.
The following marriage guidelines and resource documents are available online:
- Marriage Guidelines revisions announcement letter Nov 2012
- Guidelines for Marriage and Remarriage
- Church Canons - Guidelines for Marriage and Remarriage Attachment A
- DC Marriage Bureau Guidelines for Marriage and Remarriage Attachment B.
- Guidelines for Same Sex Marriage
- EDOW Blessing for Same Sex Marriages
- The Witnessing and Blessing of a Lifelong Convenant
- Application for Episcopal Consent to Officiate at a Remarriage
- Non-Resident Clergy Application for Episcopal Consent to Officiate at a Marriage
- Declaration of Intention
- Declaration of Intention Same-Gender
Book of Common Prayer online (Marriage service is available under Pastoral Offices)