2021 Special Convention
At January's Diocesan Convention, Bishop Mariann called for a Special Convention on Saturday, April 17 to debate and vote on the proposed Canon for Diocesan Stewardship and Parish Vitality. After holding online regional listening sessions in the intervening months, the proposed canon was revised and presented at the Special Convention. The canon, retitled "Canon 54 Diocesan Stewardship and Parish Viability," was passed by the members of the Convention of the Diocese of Washington.
On this page, you will a copy of the final canon as amended, the original report from the Advisory Committee on Diocesan Stewardship and Parish Vitality, and a summary of the original proposed canon.
Canon as amended, Summary of Proposed Canon, & Report of Committee
- Special Convention Approves Proposed Canon | En español
- Canon 54 on Diocesan Stewardship and Parish Viability
- Canon 54 sobre la Administración Diocesana y Viabilidad Parroquial
- Report from the Advisory Committee on Diocesan Stewardship and Parish Vitality
- Summary of Proposed Canon on Diocesan Stewardship and Parish Vitality
- Informe del Comité Asesor sobre Administración Diocesana y Vitalidad Parroquial