2021 Diocesan Convention
January 29, 2022
Diocesan Convention is the yearly legislative meeting presided over by the bishop and consisting of the clergy of and elected representatives of its congregations. It considers the diocesan budget and other matters regarding the mission and ministry of the diocese.
The 126th Convention was held online in a webinar format on Saturday, January 30, 2021. Bishops Mariann and Chilton and the diocesan staff give thanks to God for all who participated in (or watched the live stream of ) Convention on Saturday and Race and Reckoning: An Exploration into Reparations on Friday night -- and for the technology that facilitated our important work.
We are grateful to be building Beloved Community with you.
Bishop Mariann's Address
- Called to Hope: Bishop Mariann's 2021 Convention Address
- Llamados a la Esperanza: Presentación de la Convención de 2021 del Obispo Mariann
Standing committee voting results
The petition for the merger between Patuxent Parish (Church of the Ascension), Lexington Park, Maryland, and William and Mary Parish (St. George's Church), Valley Lee, Maryland to become Resurrection Parish (Ascension and St. George's Churches) passed.
- Resolution #1: On Engaging in Immigration Detention Ministry (Approved)
- Resolution #2: On Active Advocacy for Racial Justice (Approved, as amended)
- Resolution #3: On Supporting Racial Justice through Police Reform (Approved, as amended)
- Resolution #4: On Addressing the Anti-Semitic Impact of Lectionary Readings for Holy Week (Approved)