The 2017 Annual Diocesan Convention of the Diocese of Washington will take place at Washington National Cathedral on Saturday, January 28, 2017.
If you are interested in being an exhibitor? Please submit a request for exhibit space to Barbara Miles here using our online system no later than 5pm, Monday, January 4, 2016. Please understand that space is limited and it is highly unlikely that we will be able to provide space for all applicants. We will notify each applicant by 5pm, Friday, January 8, 2016 whether we are able to accommodate your exhibit request.
- Diocesan Initiatives, Ministries & Committees – no charge; one exhibit table/space maximum.
- Diocesan-Related Institutions - $70 exhibit registration fee; one exhibit table/space maximum.
- Vendors - $100 per exhibit table/space; maximum of 3 table/spaces.
Fees will be due when the awards are made. All decisions are final.
The use of exhibit tables/spaces will be subject to the Guidelines for Exhibitors listed below. Among other things, please note that exhibitors must agree to complete all on-site setup of their exhibit table/space at the cathedral by 5:00 pm on Friday, January 29, 2016 (access to Cathedral for setup will be from approximately 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm on January 29, 2016.
Questions should be directed to Barbara at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: Vendors are responsible for following applicable sales tax laws.
Priority is always given to those exhibitors the bishop and council invite or decide fit in best with current diocesan priorities and the annual themes. There may be a certain number devoted to diocesan committees, regional activities and parishes working together in mutual ministry. Other organizations or institutions with ties to the Diocese or the Episcopal Church may be allotted, as space permits, to the remaining spaces. Commercial vendors may exhibit by invitation. Specific space assignments will be sent out a few weeks before Convention, and all decisions are final.
- Each exhibit space will consist of a table and two chairs. A covering for the table will be provided. Exhibit tables may not be moved, other than very minor adjustments.
- The exhibit materials must be confined to the space of the exhibit table. Invited vendors may request additional space.
- Items and signage may not be taped or otherwise attached to the walls or other items.
- Materials pertaining to the exhibit are to be placed on the exhibit table assigned and shall not be placed anywhere else or handed out in any other fashion.
- Set-up & Tear-Down: Exhibitors must agree to complete all on-site setup of their exhibit table/space at the cathedral by 5:00 pm on Friday, January 29, 2016 (access to cathedral for setup will be from approximately 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm on January 29, 2016. All exhibits must be removed immediately upon adjournment on Saturday (usually around 4pm).
- Loading & Unloading: To Be Announced.
- Electrical outlets: Do not plan on using electricity, as the outlets are extremely limited in number, so a special exception would be necessary for you to have one.
Should you require and be granted an outlet, we recommend bringing your own extension cord(s), 3-prong adapters, and 3-inch tape in case cords need to be taped down. All audio-visual equipment must be provided by the exhibitor, and may only be used if you require electricity and be granted an outlet.
Staffing the Exhibits
Please have someone knowledgeable staff the exhibit and be available to answer questions, and all staff should be given copies of guidelines and other materials.