Annual giving campaigns usually include some means for individuals or families, to make a formal financial commitment for the coming fiscal year, typically January 1 through December 31. The actual format of a pledge card can and should vary, depending upon the goals and theme of your campaign. Basic information should include:
- First and Last Name
- Home Street Address
- Home or Cell Phone Number
- Email Address
- Dollar amount pledged for the coming year
- Preferred frequency of payment
- Preferred method of payment
- Personal Check
- Online Payment - usually arranged with the Fiscal Officer or Parish Administrator
- Credit Card
- Stock Transfers
- Place for signature
Other items that may be included with this form:
- Request for pledge envelopes, if desired
- Please contact me about making a planned gift (gift of stock, real estate, bequest, vacation home, etc.)
- Please contact me about including (Church Name) in my estate planning
- Pledge cards can also include a Proportional Giving Chart, such as this:
Accessibility is vital; make it easy for your parishioners to make and pay their pledge. Your website should reflect up to date information about your current annual giving campaign and the donation button should be highly visible, easy to use, and functional.
The ways in which people manage their personal finances continues to change rapidly. There is an ever growing trend, especially among younger people, to make use of computer software, online services and smartphone apps. It is important for churches to offer electronic means of making financial contributions to your church, if at all possible.
In addition to the types of online payments described in the online giving resources document, some churches routinely offer the ability to pay a pledge using credit cards at the offertory during regular church services (giver initiated).