Tending Our Soil Coaching
Tending Our Soil (TOS) ministry coaches are paid professionals providing a central service as part of the Tending Our Soil initiative. Coaches engage in a three-year coaching relationship with three congregations, support periodic learning labs alongside congregations, and contribute to the ongoing development of the TOS initiative. Coaches partner with congregational teams for encouragement, clarity, and forward progress on the objectives set by each team. Coaches serve as advisors to the Project Director for project refinement.
Coaches receive 60 hours of professional coach training approved by the International Coach Federation at the start of their tenure and regular mentored coaching throughout the three years. Training and mentored coaching qualify toward ICF credentials.
Commitments of the Coaches
- meet eight times a year with three congregational teams.
- support the Tending Our Soil initiative, including participating in learning labs.
- a commitment of about 10-14 hours per month.
- receive 60 hours of professional-grade Coach Approach Skill Training (May 4-June 24) followed by mentored coaching that can be applied toward an International Coach Federation credential.
Want to know more?
- Read this position announcement
- Attend a coaching informational session (Information sessions are completed. Please watch the video.)
- Schedule a consultation with the Rev. Jenifer Gamber