- Contact the Church Pension Fund and request the Retirement Planning Packet
- Submit the Application for Retirement to the Bishop
- Apply for Medicare Parts A and B, if older than 65 years, at least two months prior to retirement.
- Contact Kathleen Hall about the transition in health benefits
- Visit the CPG website for information on Medicare Supplement Plans
- Complete the Medicare Supplement Enrollment Form (link?)
Benefits for Retired Clergy
- Church Pension Fund subsidy for health benefits (link?)
- Seton Belt Support: Eligible clergy and their spouses or domestic partners receive $100 per person per month to help offset the cost of benefits and other medical expenses.
- Death Benefits: The Corporation
Clergy canonically resident in the dioceses of Easton, Maryland, and Washington are eligible for membership in The Corporation for the Relief of Widows and Children of the Clergy of the Protestant Episcopal Church in Maryland.
For $50 a year ($750 over a term of 15 years) clergy may be assured their spouses, partners, and dependent children will be eligible for a $10,000 death benefit, a $1,500 yearly annuity, and additional financial assistance calculated to keep survivors at a decent standard of living and able to meet emergency costs.
The Corporation’s investments currently total about $12 million dollars. Members are vested after five years; benefits are available immediately upon acceptance of the membership application and fee. After five years, if a member moves canonical residence, the member may continue to pay the annual fee for the total of 15 years; also, a member may choose to pay in full after the first five years.
To learn more and obtain a membership application call The Corporation at 1-800-443-1399 or 410-467-1399 extension 362.