Regional Dean Nominations
Diocesan Council and Standing Committee unanimously adopted a strategic plan on October 8, 2019. The plan includes a collaborative vision for the next five years:
To be a Diocese that draws on the gifts of all God's people to serve Christ together and live Jesus' Way of Love.
To help fulfill the vision of regional collaboration and to ensure regional implementation of goals identified in the newly opted diocesan strategic plan, Bishop Mariann will name 8-10 people across the diocese to serve as regional deans. Most regions will be served by one regional dean. Due to their size, the regions of Southern Maryland and Central DC will be served either by one regional dean with double compensation or two regional deans working together.
Regional Deans responsibilities include:
- Regularly convene regional clergy for mutual support, resource sharing, and collaborative planning
- Regularly convene wardens and other lay leaders for mutual support, resource sharing, and collaborative planning
- Serve as a regional liaison, ensuring frequent communication with and among key stakeholders, socializing key elements of the Strategic Plan and supporting the establishment of fruitful regional networks
- Regularly communicate with Canon for Strategic Collaboration and attend quarterly Deans meetings
- Bring ideas, issues, and concerns to the attention of Church House staff in a timely manner
- Support regional Strategic Plan implementation teams
Regional Deans will be financially compensated for 10-12 hours per month, receiving an annual stipend of $10,000. Deans will serve two-year terms. Ordination as an Episcopal priest or deacon preferred.
To nominate yourself for the dean's position in your region, please complete the form below and upload a current resume by November 22, 2019.