Parish leaders seeking to identify guiding principles for sustainable and responsible investing have a variety of online and print resources to draw upon.
The SRI Committee presents these resources for information and consideration in the management of financial assets. These lists are not intended to be comprehensive, but rather to provide starting points for the development of fuller understanding.
General SRI Resource Websites
- Ceres: Mobilizing Business Leadership for a Sustainable World
- "Ceres is a non-profit organization advocating for sustainability leadership. We mobilize a powerful network of investors, companies and public interest groups to accelerate and expand the adoption of sustainable business practices and solutions to build a healthy global economy."
- Church of England Ethical Investment Advisory Group
- "The Ethical Investment Advisory Group (EIAG) supports the Church of England's National Investing Bodies (NIBs) on ethical investment. The role of the EIAG and its Secretariat is to provide timely and practical Advice, to support the NIBs to invest ethically in a way which is distinctly Christian and Anglican."
- Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility (ICCR)
- "The Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility is a coalition of faith and values-driven organizations who view the management of their investments as a powerful catalyst for social change. Our membership comprises nearly 300 organizations including faith-based institutions, socially responsible asset management companies, unions, pension funds and colleges and universities that collectively represent over $100 billion in invested capital."
- PRI: Principles for Responsible Investment
- "The PRI is the world's leading proponent of responsible investment. It works to understand the investment implications of environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors and to support its international network of investor signatories in integrating these factors into their investment and ownership decisions."
- 3iG: The International Interfaith Investment Group
- "3iG, the International, Interfaith, Investment Group, is a not-for-profit membership organization whose mission is to contribute to a just and sustainable society, by promoting faith-consistent investments in the spirit of interfaith and international dialogue and cooperation. Our organization was launched in 2005 through the efforts of the Alliance for Religions and Conservation and is a foundation registered under Dutch law."
- US SIF: The Forum for Social and Responsible Investment
- "US SIF: The Forum for Sustainable and Responsible Investment is the leading voice advancing sustainable, responsible and impact investing across all asset classes. Mission: Rapidly shift investment practices towards sustainability, focusing on long-term investment and the generation of positive social and environmental impacts."
Environmental Resource Websites
- Faith and Climate
- "We are faith leaders from across the nation, unified by our calling and commitment to care for the earth. Heeding the calls of Pope Francis and so many others, we have joined together to mobilize thousands of faith communities across the nation to make advocating for environmental stewardship an essential message of their church."
- GreenFaith: Interfaith Partners for the Environment
- "GreenFaith is an interfaith coalition for the environment that was founded in 1992. We work with houses of worship, religious schools and people of all faiths to help them become better environmental stewards. We believe in addressing environmental issues holistically, and are committed to being a one-stop shop for the resources and tools religious institutions need to engage environmental issues and become religious-environmental leaders."
- Interfaith Power & Light
- "The mission of Interfaith Power & Light is to be faithful stewards of Creation by responding to global warming through the promotion of energy conservation, energy efficiency, and renewable energy."
Asset Management Firms with SRI Products or Orientation
Many investment firms have adopted SRI principles in some or all of their approaches to investing. You may wish to speak with your current investment advisor about options and possibilities for your portfolio.
The landscape of SRI-oriented asset management is constantly evolving. Regularly updated lists of firms with SRI products or orientation are available through the online directory on the US SIF website and through the membership list of the Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility.
Resources for Assessing and Tracking SRI Mutual Fund Performance
Each investment management firm provides data on the performance of its own funds on its website.
The US SIF Mutual Fund Performance Chart provides performance and other data on all funds offered by its institutional members.