ONLINE FILING FOR 2019 IS NOW OPEN
If you have not yet filed your report or your compensation report is still due, we are extending the deadline to April 1. If you need an extension beyond April 1, please contact Kim Vaughn.
Parochial reports are sent to the parish offices in January and are due March 1. The reports must be signed off on by the vestry. Forms are posted in early January each year and can be in the forms directory at the bottom of the page.
Every congregation is required by canon to complete an annual statistical report called the parochial report. The forms are designed by the National Church, and are divided into two sections: (1) Membership, Attendance and Services, (2) Stewardship and Financial Information.
In addition, the diocese includes other forms for the congregation to complete. Currently, we only request information about compensation for clergy.
Forms may be submitted online or downloaded and mailed in. To request an extension for filing, please contact the governance office as soon as possible. A compilation of the statistics from the parochial report can be found in the tables at the back of the annual Diocesan Journal and Directory.
- Parochial Report (past and present reports) | 2019 Parochial Report Fillable Form | Online filing | Historical research and statistics
- Please note all forms and instructions for the Episcopal Church's parochial reports can be found on their website.
Diocesan Parochial Report
- Memo on Diocesan Parochial Reports
- Definitions of Membership
- General Instructions
- Instructions Workbook Page 2
- Instructions Workbook Page 3
Normal Operating Income
Any costs that go into the regular operation of the church are considered to be part of Normal Operating Income. It is also this item that we want you to look at this year for last year's figures when pledging a percentage for the following year. (2019 report being filled out in 2020, and pledging 2021).
No negative amounts or cents
Do not insert any negative numbers in the Parochial Report. Round all numbers to the nearest dollar.
Contact: Kimberly Vaughn
Thank you to those of you who have already submitted their reports! If your compensation form is still due, please send it in as soon as possible.
Compensation form Due
- All Faith, Charlotte Hall
- Ascension, Lexington Park
- Christ Church, Clinton
- Christ Church, Washington
- Christ Church, Wayside
- St. Anne's
- St. Barnabas', Temple Hills
- St. Bartholomew's
- St. Dunstan's
- St. George's, Valley Lee
- St. Mark's, Fairland
- St. Thomas', P.G. County
- Trinity Parish, Newport & Hughesville
- Trinity, DC