The Way of Love
Here in the Episcopal Church, our Presiding Bishop, Michael Curry, has called us all to very basic practices that help us strengthen our love muscles, to receive Jesus's love for us, and then to live in such a way that others experience his love through us. These practices simply and appropriately are called the Way of Love. There's nothing new, earth-shattering about them. They simply express in our time the kind of intentionality that's necessary to grow in love. For as in love, like any other realm in life, we must practice love.
We welcome you to learn about the Way of Love, beginning with the practice of Turn.
The Way of Love Diocesan Resources
- The Diocese of Washington Way of Love Sunday Lectionary (Eight Sunday propers- Introduction and 7 Practices for a Jesus Centered Life)
- The Diocese of Washington Way of Love Small Group Guide
- Bishop Mariann's Way of Love Video
THE way of love weekly devotion
- The Way of Love Devotional- Week One
- The Way of Love Devotional- Week Two
- The Way of Love Devotional- Week Three
- The Way of Love Devotional- Week Four
- The Way of Love Devotional- Week Five
- The Way of Love Devotional- Week Six
- The Way of Love Devotional- Week Seven
- The Way of Love Devotional- Week Eight
- The Way of Love Promotional Materials
- The Way of Love Resource Page
- The Way of Love in Lent
- The Way of Love Lent Calendar
Listen to Experiencing Jesus With Bishop Mariann Budde
Season 1: The Way of Love
Experiencing Jesus Podcast - Now on All Platforms
Join Bishop Mariann on an 8-week journey through the Way of Love series as she reflects on each of this rule of life's seven facets: Turn, Bless, Pray, Worship, Rest, Learn, and Go. We hope in listening, you will experience Jesus in a new and refreshing way.