Gun Violence Prevention
Bishop Mariann Edgar Budde is a member of Bishops United Against Gun Violence a group of more than 65 Episcopal bishops working to curtail the epidemic of gun violence in the United States. "We believe in a God of life in the face of death who calls our church to speak and act decisively against the unholy trinity of poverty, racism and violence," the bishops say in their mission statement.
To learn more about what the diocese is doing to curtail gun violence and how you can become involved, check our calendar and news blog.
Read more about EDOW’s commitment to gun violence prevention:
- Prayers of the People in response to Gun Violence, from St. Thomas' Episcopal Church, Dupont Circle (February 2018)
- Weeping for Orlando by Bishop Mariann Edgar Budde (June 2016)
- Why I'll Wear Orange on June 2 by Bishop Budde (April 2016)
- 2015 National Vigil for Victims of Gun Violence (December 2015)
- There Are Ways to Prevent This by Bishop Budde (May 2015)
- As Long As It Takes by Bishop Budde (March 2014)
- A Prayer for Action one year after Sandy Hook by Bishops Mariann Budde and Ian T. Douglas (December 2013)
- What Shall We Do (on the Newtown massacre) by Bishop Budde (December 2012)