Hunger Fund Walk at Washington National Cathedral
Sunday, October 20, 2019 at 2:00 p.m.
New this year, one of the Hunger Fund Walks will start on the Cathedral grounds. Come raise funds for the hungry while experiencing the 59 acre campus featuring multiple cultivated gardens, beautiful architecture and even 5 acres of woods. The walk kicks off at the All Hallows Amphitheater with a yoga stretch after which participants will embark on a 1.6 mile walk.
How You Can Participate
The walk is free and open to all. Come by yourself, with a group of friends or bring your whole congregation out to participate.
Sign up friends, relatives, co-workers and others to pledge a contribution to the fund for your completion of the walk. Use the signup sheets, poster, checklist and remittance forms to the right to track your pledges.
Walk, run, skip or stroll at the Cathedral [Map & Directions to the Cathedral] on October 20. A printable map that can be downloaded from the list at the right (2019 Cathedral Walk Map) shows the route around the Cathedral's grounds.
The Impact You Have
Last year the Hunger Fund Walks raised over $5,000. 100% of the money was distributed to agencies that supply food to the region’s hungry, impoverished children and adults in the form of grants. Our goal this year is to reach $7,000 so that the Hunger Fund committee may increase the grants it distributes.
If you have any questions, please contact Michele Craig.
Cathedral Hunger Walk Documents
- 2019 Cathedral Hunger Walk Map (32 KB pdf)
- 2019 Hunger Walk Cathedral Coordinator Checklist (35 KB doc)
- 2019 Hunger Walk Cathedral Coordinator Checklist (117 KB pdf)
- 2019 Hunger Walk Cathedral Directions and Parking (102 KB pdf)
- 2019 Hunger Walk Cathedral Directions and Parking (15 KB docx)
- 2019 Hunger Walk Cathedral Poster (210 KB pdf)
- 2019 Hunger Walk Cathedral Remittance Form (17 KB docx)
- 2019 Hunger Walk Cathedral Remittance Form (98 KB pdf)
- 2019 Hunger Walk Cathedral Sponsor SignUpSheet (37 KB doc)
- 2019 Hunger Walk Cathedral Sponsor SignUpSheet (12 KB pdf)