Hunger Fund Walk at Washington National Cathedral
Sunday, October 14, 2018 at 2:00 p.m.
New this year, one of the Hunger Fund Walks will start on the Cathedral grounds. Come raise funds for the hungry while experiencing the 59 acre campus featuring multiple cultivated gardens, beautiful architecture and even 5 acres of woods. The walk kicks off at the All Hallows Amphitheater with a yoga stretch after which participants will embark on a 1.6 mile walk.
How You Can Participate
The walk is free and open to all. Come by yourself, with a group of friends or bring your whole congregation out to participate.
Sign up friends, relatives, co-workers and others to pledge a contribution to the fund for your completion of the walk. Use the signup sheets, poster, checklist and remittance forms to the right to track your pledges.
Walk, run, skip or stroll at the Cathedral on October 14. A printable map on the right shows the route around the Cathedral’s grounds.
The Impact You Have
Last year the Hunger Fund Walks raised over $1,600. 100% of the money was distributed to agencies that supply food to the region’s hungry, impoverished children and adults in the form of grants. Our goal this year is to reach $5,000 so that the Hunger Fund committee may increase the grants it distributes.
If you have any questions, please contact Michele Craig.
Cathedral Hunger Walk Documents
- 2018 Cathedral Coordinator Checklist (118 KB pdf)
- 2018 Cathedral Coordinator Checklist (35 KB doc)
- 2018 Cathedral Directions and Parking (15 KB docx)
- 2018 Cathedral Directions and Parking (102 KB pdf)
- 2018 Cathedral Poster (210 KB pdf)
- 2018 Cathedral Sponsor SignUpSheet (37 KB doc)
- 2018 Cathedral Sponsor SignUpSheet (12 KB pdf)
- 2018 Cathedral Walk Map (32 KB pdf)
- 2018 Remittance Form (17 KB docx)
- 2018 Remittance Form (99 KB pdf)