EDOW partners with the Claggett Center and the Episcopal Diocese of Maryland to bring weeklong camp programs in the rolling hills of Frederick County, MD for our youth, from rising 2nd grade to recently graduated high school seniors.
Summer Camps at Claggett are grounded in Scripture and tradition, and encourages campers and staff to use their whole selves as ways to explore the Christian Story.
2020 Camp @ Claggett Dates
- High School Camp: June 21-26 (grades completed 9-12)
- Adventure Camp: June 28-July 3 (grades completed 4-8)
- Middle School Camp: July 5-10 (grades completed 6-8)
- Youth Camp: July 12-17 (grades completed 2-5)
- Family Camp: July 31-August 2 (families of all shapes, sizes, and ages are welcome)
- Camp Spirit Song : August 9-14 (for youth impacted by opioid substance abuse of a family member or close loved one, grades completed 4-8)
Tuition: $450 - $500
Where: Claggett Center (3035 Buckeystown Pike, Adamstown, MD 21710)
Registration and Information: https://www.claggettcenter.org/youth-programs
Camp Staff Needed: Applications for senior/junior counselors, camp nurses, chaplain, and adult volunteers are welcomed.
Hope you will join EDOW and EDOM at camp this year. See you around the campfire at Claggett!
Reflections from Past Camp Experiences
- Camp Claggett: Experiencing Holy Ground by Mildred Reyes
- Claggett Summer 2018 - A Joyful, Spirit-filled Season of Love by the Rev. Kent Marcoux
- The Sounds of Summer - by Camp Worship Leader the Rev. Kent Marcoux
- Building a New Tradition - by Middle Camp Program Director Melissa Williams
- For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there I am among them - by Middle School Camp Director Steve Seely
- Another Way to Live: Notes from Camp EDOW - insights and reflections on lessons from the 2015 camp by the Rev. Greg Syler
- As I went down to the river to pray...good Lord show me the way - by the Rev. David Wacaster