Camp EDOW, the diocese's summer camp program promotes the spiritual and emotional development of children, youth, and young adults through the fostering of a safe and positive environment for all. It is the goal of this program to encourage the growth of relationships with self, others, and God.
This year, EDOW is partnering with the Episcopal Diocese of Maryland and the Claggett Center to bring weeklong camp programs in the rolling hills of Frederick County, MD for our youth, from rising 2nd grade to recently graduated high school seniors.
2018 Camp @ Claggett Dates
- High School Week: June 17-22 (grades completed 9-12)
- Middle School Week: June 24-29 (grades completed 6-8)
- Youth Week: July 8-13 (grades completed 2-5)
- $100 deposit required upon registration to hold the spot.
- As part of EDOW, use the code EDOW2018.
- As part of Bishop Walker School, use the code BWS2018.
- If you are registering siblings, you can use the coupon code MultiChild2018 for $25 discount for additional campers. First camper is full price.
- Are you an Episcopal clergy person or Diocesan staff member? Use Coupon Code Claggett2018 for a 50% discount.
- Financial Assistance? We have verifiable need-based financial aid available. If assistance is requested, typically we ask the home church to cover 1/2, and the camper’s family to cover the remaining 1/2. If you need financial assistance, once you are registered, the application process for financial help can be completed by emailing email@example.com.
Where: Claggett Center (3035 Buckeystown Pike, Adamstown, MD 21710)
Summer Camp Staff Needed: Applications for senior counselors, camp nurses, junior counselors, and adult volunteers are welcomed.
Hope you will join EDOW and EDOM at camp this year. See you around the campfire at Claggett!
Frequently Asked Questions
Reflections from Past Camp EDOW
- The Sounds of Summer - by Camp EDOW Worship Leader the Rev. Kent Marcoux
- Building a New Tradition - by Middle Camp Program Director Melissa Williams
- For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there I am among them - by Middle School Camp Director Steve Seely
- Another Way to Live: Notes from Camp EDOW - insights and reflections on lessons from the 2015 camp by the Rev. Greg Syler
- As I went down to the river to pray...good Lord show me the way - by the Rev. David Wacaster