Physical and Mental Self Care
The mental and physical well being of our clergy and lay people is of utmost importance during a time of prolonged stress. Here is a list of offerings and resources:
- CDC Manage Anxiety and Stress
- National Alliance on Mental Health (NAMI) Updates on the Coronavirus
- Pastoral Counseling and Consultation Center of Greater Washington
- Health and Well-being, Physical Health, Spiritual Health
- 10 Ways to Respond Creatively to Anxiety about COVID-19
- Listening Ear Offered by Spiritual Directors during Coronavirus Pandemic
Here is a list of online options for physical exercise:
- Peloton, 90 days free. The Peleton bike is not needed--You can ride any stationary bike, or your bike on a bike trainer.
- DownDog, yoga app free to April 1, likely to be extended to July
- Core Power Yoga. Class videos free.
- Fitness Blender All free, multiple levels.
- Yoga with Adrienne, free.
- Yoga with Cassandra, free.
- Yogaworks. Free classes with promo code ONLINE.