Preparing for Lent 2020
February 12, 2020
As Bishop Mariann shares in her message this week, "Now is a good time to consider what practices Jesus might be putting before you this Lent."
Helpful resources to get you started
- The Good Book Club - join thousands of people exploring the Gospel of John together in this guided daily practice that culminates on Shrove Tuesday.
- Life Transformed: The Way of Love In Lent and Easter - tap into this robust collection of Lenten resources developed by the Episcopal Church
- Ashes to Go - can't make a regular service on Ash Wednesday? We've got you covered.
- Tea and an Hour with +Rowan Williams, Sunday, February 23 - hosted by Ascension and St. Agnes, listen to this wise theologian speak on Incarnation and Passion.
Lenten Quiet Days/Mornings
- "Holy Week Behind the Scenes: Exploring the Minds of Judas, Caiphas, and Pilate" - the Rev. Dr. Frank Wade offers a Quiet Day meditation at St. Paul's, K Street (map) on Saturday, March 7, from 10:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Free; bring a bag lunch.
- "Going Deeper into Prayer in Lent with The Mystic Evelyn Underhill" - the Rev. Dr. Sarah Coakley and the Rev. Charles Hoffacker discuss the challenges and difficulties of the spiritual life in the work of Evelyn Underhill and her spiritual director Dom John Chapman, OSB at Ascension and St. Agnes (map) on Saturday, March 14, from 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Complimentary parking available.
Is your parish holding a Lenten Quiet Day? Submit your information and we'll add it to our list
Sharing Faith cards can be printed (double sided) from the document located here: Faith Cards Avery 8387. They are on Avery 8387 postcard stock and need to be cut in half once printed.